Hello! This is my first HodgePodge Wednesday and I am excited to join in. Grab your coffee and relax a bit.
1. The popular saying, ‘All is fair in love and war’ is originally credited to English writer John Lyly. Is he right?
No. Just because life isn’t fair to begin with so, nothing is fair whether in love or at war.
2. Are you a cereal eater? What’s your favorite kind?
Yes, I love cereal. I don’t have any one specific, but I like Grape Nuts, Rice Chex, and Wheaties. Cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore.
3. A five-year old in Pennsylvania was recently given a ten-day school suspension for talking with a friend about shooting one another with a Hello Kitty Bubble gun (the gun blows bubbles). She did not have the gun with her at school.
A psychological evaluation was also ordered and the incident was recorded on her permanent record. The suspension was later reduced to two days and her parents are suing to have the incident removed from her file. Your thoughts?
Wow. Are you kidding me? My seven-year old son turns every stick into a gun and talks about shooting bad guys. That is what kids do. As his mother, it is my responsibility to talk to him about good vs evil. And the school psychologist needs his head examined.
4. Whatever happened to_____________________________?
Brent P? I had such a huge crush on him in 5th grade.
5. January 23rd is National Handwriting Day, billed as a day to reacquaint yourself with a pen and pencil. Do you like your handwriting? Do you prefer to print or write in cursive? This date was chosen because it’s the birth date of John Hancock. What’s the last thing you signed your name to?
I think my handwriting is awesome! I especially love my a’s. My writing is a mix of cursive and print. I just signed a sympathy card a few days ago.
6. Speaking of John Hancock…ever been to Philadelphia? Do you have any desire to visit the city of Brotherly Love?
Never been but would like to visit all that is there to see and do.
7. Share something funny you’ve heard a child say.
My kiddo loves any noise that comes from his body. Just this morning, he farted so loud I heard it two rooms away. He laughed so long and hard at himself that I had to laugh too (from two rooms away).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is my first Hodgepodge so I am excited! Looking forward to reading lots of other posts too and meeting some fellow bloggers.