Are you ready? Ready or not, it is time for this week’s installment of Hodgepodge. If you are not familiar with hodgepodge, please hop on over to From This Side of the Pond to read and learn more.
1. In the USA this coming Sunday millions will be watching as the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49’s in the Superbowl. What was the last event you attended that could be described as super? If we are taking sporting events, I would have to say the last super event I attended was the home opener college football game for the Ohio State Buckeyes in the Ohio State University Horse Shoe. If you have never been to see the Buckeyes play OR the TBDBITL perform their script OHIO, then you have not lived my friend!
2. Share something you’re a fan of these days? I would have to say I am a fan of good sportsmanship! All too often we see role model professional athletes that do not show good sportsmen like conduct. If you are going to play sports professional or otherwise, be a good sports. Life is too short to act like a total fool.
3. How do you feel about wings? In case anyone is confused, I’m talking the edible appetizer kind. What’s your preferred seasoning on a wing-hot, mild, teryiaki, sweet and sour, other? Do you make your own or is there a favorite place you like to go for wings? I love, I mean Love LOVE wings. I like them spicy but don’t necessarily want to put out the fire in my mouth. And wings must be paired with celery and blue cheese. I prefer the wings in a restaurant rather than fixing my own.
4. As long as we’re talking sports today…have you followed the Lance Armstrong story? Did you watch his interview with Oprah and if so what was your reaction to his confession and subsequent remarks? He disgusts me!! I watched enough to know that he is a bully (a grown man bully at that) and to me that is bigger than being a cheat and a fraud!! (Being a cheat and fraud effects oneself, but to bully others is a heinous crime). Shame on you Lance!! yea…. that’s how I feel about the subject.
5. What’s a question you hate to be asked? I don’t know that I can think of any one question I hate being asked. Although one question (a one time question) was asked of me and just about sent me sailing. I (a single full-time job woman) went to buy a new car. When I walked into this reputable car dealership, the younger salesman asked if he could help me. I told him I was in the market for a new car, he then asked me where was my husband. WTH?!? Are you kidding me?? Done! Went to the competitor and they never asked me that question and I continue to buy my cars from them.
6. The coaches in this Sunday’s big game happen to be real life brothers. Jim Harbaugh coaches the 49er’s and his older brother John Harbaugh coaches the Baltimore Ravens. Were you and your sibling(s) competitive? In what way? Are you still? If you’re an only child how did you handle competition growing up? I am the older sibling of two younger brothers. I was not really competitive with them as I am four and eight years older and we had different interest. However, I often found myself a wrestling prop at random moments and therefore made it my life’s mission to seek out, embarrass and destroy if ever I was held in a half nelson again!
7. What’s your favorite game involving a ball and when did you last play? I love watching my kiddo play soccer and basketball. I enjoy watching a good tennis match and football. I have also been know to play golf in my life but been awhile.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I can’t believe january is one day from being gone. I am so looking forward to Spring. Did I say Spring? I LOVE summer. I LOVE LOVE summer more than I LOVE wings (see above). Oh no, with summer comes swim suit season. I will be doing my 10-minute work out following this post. I should be doing laundry right now. I would rather be blogging and my 10-minute work out. Is it Friday yet? I love the weekends. Ok, I really Love the weekends but I really LOVE summer more. Good night.