For most people, the month of January means a fresh start (a very cold midwest living fresh start). To me, it means a free pass to resolve my past, wish for my future and live in the present. It means perfection with age!
January usually also means we get to create new lists. Lists that provoke us to be better persons and lists to promote better things accompany our lives.
And I have done just that, … I created a list of thirteen things to provoke me to do better and fulfill my life in the next three-hundred sixty-five days.
My list has thirteen items, not because it an unlucky number, but because this is 20-thirteen after all!! So let’s get this party started.
I choose and promise to:
1. Laugh more and laugh often.
2. Travel for a vacation out-of-state.
3. Attend several art/photographic exhibit galleries (inspirational and character building).
4. Read at least one book a month (can be on any topic… hobby related or smutty classy romance novel). And yes, smutty can be classy for those asking.
5. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
6. Attend at least one blog conference.
7. Modify perspective for photographic beauty. If I like it, then picture is worth taking.
8. Volunteer (give back).
9. Sing louder at church (I apologize now if you will be sitting near me at Mass).
10. Learn to love black beans and rice (no guarantees on this one, but worth a shot).
11. Smile at strangers … just because.
12. Increase my exercise regiments.
13. See a movie (in a theater) that is over a G rating (without kiddo of course).
Now is as a good a time as any to create your list…What do you dream?