I cannot lie, I like weeks when the first day (of the work week) is a Holiday. Sometimes it makes up for it when Tuesday is a double whammy to make up for missing Monday. But nonetheless, I love hump day (a.k.a. Wednesday) and all that comes with it …. Hodepodge Wednesday! Are you ready? Thanks for stopping by!
1. When were you last on a ‘mountaintop’? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense of the word.
If you consider a mountain top something with an elevation higher than 100 feet above sea level, I would clearly say the last time I was on a mountain top was when I lived (and worked and played) in Summit County (Keystone/Breckenridge) Colorado in 1992. Skiing mountains was an everyday occurrence and I can even say I hiked Mt Buffalo with an elevation of just under 13,000 feet.
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
This is a good question. What I wish I could say and what actually occurs with my budget are two different theories. I have worked very hard in my career and live in a (smaller than most) modest home because I like spending my hard earn cash on fun things rather than required things (OK, so who doesn’t?) I do not consider myself house poor and in today’s economy that is a good thing. That said, I do like the ability that I can make a purchase without sending my finances into a tail spin, but only because I have learned to be disciplined in my purchases. The one piece of advise I was given about finances that has been the best advise is to always pay yourself first.
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie-cherry cola-black forest cake-or a scoop of Ben and Jerry’s Cherries Garcia…pick one.
I am not a big cherry fan, but if I had to choose, a piece of war cherry pie would be nice. I am a strawberry girl.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don’t know?
NO. I believe that my political beliefs and my religion are no more any ones business than your financial tax returns are my business.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
I love road trips and don’t go on road trips enough. I like to drive but also like to nap in the car too. I cannot think of the last road trip I have been on (see above … been too long). Guess I will be planning a trip soon.
6. If we peaked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
Black and white. I think I have even garments in both black and white, and denim is a close second.
7. Who’s your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
Seems odd calling my parents seniors. I am the complete blend of both my mother and my father and it shows. Guess that is one reason my kiddo loves them too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so counting the days for warmer weather. Seems like the dog days of summer and lazy days at the pool can not come soon enough. I know that if I could pack up my house, friends, family, work, and neighborhood and place in Florida, I would have been gone by now. I think there are lots to be said about opening the windows, letting the fresh air in, soaking up the warm sun rays and longer days.