When planning travel plan for a week or long weekend, think about Columbus Ohio for your destination. Here are 5 must dos when visiting Columbus.
- Columbus Zoo & Aquarium. Located in the northern portion of Franklin County, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium offers the entire generational family plenty of fun regardless of time of year. With many regions at the Zoo from Asia Quest to the Heart of Africa to North America to the Congo Expedition to the Polar Frontier, you wont be disappointed. You can watch the Polar Bears frolic in the water, you can feed the Giraffes, you can catch of glimpse of the Cheetah Run and observe to Elephants splash in the water. These are just a few of the many experiences. So pack a lunch and a bathing suit and stay the day (Zoombezi Bay is an additional admission cost).
2. Center of Science and Industry (COSI): Located in the heart of Downtown Columbus along the Scioto Mile, this all ages science museum and research center leaves much to the imagination. COSI offers a variety of hands on exhibits from kid splash zone doing your own experiments to the Planetarium to the Giant Screen Theater to over 300 interactive themed exhibits throughout. Spend the entire day and have lunch.
3. Easton Town Center: Located in the Northeast portion of Columbus, this Town Center is an indoor and outdoor shopping Complex, complete with entertainment of a Movie Theater and Comedy Club as well as splash fountains, restaurants, and plenty of home décor and clothing stores. The entire family will enjoy walking the shops and streets of this little gem in the city.
4. The Short North: Located just north of Downtown, this quaint little Arts District neighborhood is chock full of over 300 businesses, including shopping, eateries, Art galleries, night bars, and coffee houses and plenty of lodging options. Home of the Com Fest and Gallery Hop, the Short North is not just for the Art Lover. Put on your walking shoes and explore all the shops and scenery.
5. Arena District: Located in the heart of downtown Columbus this neighborhood and development are is full of entertainment options. From Huntington Park home to the Columbus Clippers Minor League Baseball Team to Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets NHL Hockey Team, to Express Live Music Venue or Arch Park where numerous 5K runs are held, you will always be able to find a sporting game, a musical concert, a sponsored 5K run or the Jazz and Rib Fest in the Arena District any time of year. In addition, there are plenty of options for lodging and night life activities. You will need to plan a return visit to experience all there is to do.