Mother’s Day is just around the corner which can only mean one thing …. Time to decided what to get your mom. With just a few days left until Mother’s Day, here are 5 Mother’s Day ideas any mother would love.
- Breakfast in bed! Nothing over the top (although if you can, then no mother will say no thank you). My teenage son likes to make me a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The Keurig certainly makes it easy for anyone to brew a great cup of coffee. I also keep fresh fruit in the refrigerator so it makes it easy for a quick fruit plate and a few pieces of toast. No matter what age, any mom would love to wake to the smell of coffee and smiling faces.
- Handmade card! Nothing, I mean nothing say I love you more than a handmade card with a sweet message written from your heart. Grab a few markers, some scissors and construction paper and get started. A simple heart with a message of your feeling will win her over ever time. My most memorable cards are the ones my son made with his own hands.
- A load of laundry! Trust me when I say throwing a load of laundry into the washer, drying, folding and then putting them away will make the mother in your life melt. I have yet to meet a mom that loves doing laundry, so this one chore will win a lot of points in your favor. Even my teenage son knows how to sort laundry and operate the washing machine.
- No arguing! That means everyone in the family. No disagreements, no complaints, no back talk. I understand this may be a challenge for the teenagers in the house, but remember, if only for one day, it IS about the Mother’s in our life. Not having to play referee or justify any decision is relaxing any way you look at it.
- Dinner! Like the breakfast in bed idea, food is always a winner for Mom’s. If you can afford it, go out to dinner or create a relaxing dinner for the family at home. I’m sure no mom will complain about the best stress-free dinner at home made for her with all her favorites in her life or a dinner out. Remember that does not mean leaving the dishes for her to clean.
So, no matter what you choose to do for your Mom and all the Mother’s in your life, enjoy the day, relax and cherish the reason you are on this earth. Thank your Mom!